Hi fit friends! I love a vacation as much as the next person... possible more. Did you say we could leave tomorrow? Tell me where and when to show up! But, my LEAST favorite part of vacation is PACKING. Who is with me??? I will start packing a month in advance to try and alleviate as much anxiety as possible leading up to the final zip of the suitcase. What helps me ease some of the suitcase packing anxiety is crating lists. I usually make my lists in the "notes" section of my smart phone and check items off as soon as they hit the suitcase.
We recently planned a trip to Outer Banks, NC and I wanted to make sure I maintained my fitness level while I was gone. Not because I am afraid to take days off on my vacation but because my workouts are my time to myself. Lets face it traveling with children is a trip not a vacation! Here is the list of all the fitness items that I brought on my trip.
- Medium resistance band. My go to: resistance bands
- Medium resistance loop brand. My go to: loop resistance band
- Carpet sliders. My go to: carpet sliders
- Running Shoes.
- 2 workout outfits: bottoms, top and sports bra
- Plenty of hair ties. My go to: hair ties
- Empty water/shake bottle: My go to: water/shaker bottle
- Wireless headphone + a backup pair
- Dairy-free protein bars and protein cookie: My go to: No Cow Bars use code Laurah20 at checkout to save 20%
- Dairy-free protein powder: My go to: protein powder
With this trip and really all vacations I go into the packing plans assuming there will be limited to no workout equipment so I am prepared no matter what. On the occasion that there is a gym available I am good as gold, but if there is not I am still ready to get my workout on!
Need some workout ideas to utilize all of these equipment suggestions? Head over to my programs section to find the perfect workout plan for your needs!