By: Laura M. Howell
Did you know ABs can be rolled? Well it's true. Unlike rolling dough for cookies rolling your ABs with an AB roller can be the single best exercise for abs you will ever do. In fact, you could get away with the AB roller being the only exercise tool that you ever need to buy to work ABs . The AB roller tool does it all in the AB training world: works the obliques (love handles), the lower-abs (spare tire) and the upper ABs (back fat area). The ab roller even works the hard to work "corset muscles" (scientific name: "transverse abdominis") in the abdomen . The corset muscles are the AB muscles you do not see in the six-pack (I know what fun is that?) But, if you're looking for a flat stomach (who isn't) it's the corset muscles you need to pay attention to. Along with making your stomach look flatter, the corset muscles help stabilize the spine and are the #1 core-support muscles for sports such as powerlifting and snowboarding. The ability to work a wide range of abdominal muscles in a short period of time makes the AB roller the best tool to work your ABs. If you're going to do the best exercise with the best tool to achieve the best results you also need to know what the best AB rollers on the market are. In the following paragraphs I will talk more about AB rolling and at the end I will tell you what I believe to be the 5 best AB rollers on the market.
Why Everyone Should be Rolling Their Abs
If you're not rolling your ABs you're not working your ABs. The AB roller is a No Excuses Fitness tool. It fits in perfectly to the NME Fitness training mantra: it's an isolated exercise that is time effective, works what it's supposed to work (abs) and is incredibly affordable. Plus, you are also training your chest, shoulders and neck by simply being in form for the the AB roll movement. The AB roller is good for all fitness levels. Beginners will like it because you can get results with just 5 repetitions performed in 3 sets. The fittest individuals can also benefit from the AB roller because it can be done in long sets and works very good combined with other AB exercises such as: pikes and bicycles. Another great feature of the AB roller is that it's portable. The AB roller is small and light so it can be stored at home and carried to different locations so you can take your AB roller with you wherever you go. You will love it so much you will not want to go anywhere without it, I promise. Now that we've more than established that the ab roller is the best ab tool lets take a closer look at the 5 best AB rollers on the market now.
The 5 Best AB Rollers on the Market
The following 5 AB rollers are simply the best AB rollers on the market. Each roller listed will provide equal results, but the products themselves vary with their design and included accessories.
The first best AB roller on the market:
by Fitness Master
- Ergonomic wheel design. Wobble-free non-skid wheels promote stability and control. Foam handles prevent slippage and provide a secure grasp and minimizes hand fatigue while maximizing comfort and control.
- Durable construction. Built to last a lifetime with high quality hard plastic and stainless steel parts. Durable, safe and high load capacity supports any weight.
- Versatile. Not just for floor exercises, this unique fitness equipment can also be used against walls. Great for stretches and extending mobility - even the wheelchair-bound or arthritic sufferers can benefit!
- Lifetime warranty. If there are any issues with your product, simply contact us and we will give you a full refund and send you a new replacement. You don't have to return the product.
The second best AB roller on the market:
by Yoga EVO
- Builds a strong core. The Yoga EVO Ab wheel enables one of the best core and upper body toning exercises. This exercise builds up strength in the core area, which makes you more Stable And Powerful during other exercises, activities and sports
- Versatile. Sculpt and tone your abs, back, arms and shoulder muscles, but also your legs and butt. The wheel does not limit you to one single exercise. See the leaflet for more creative Ab Wheel exercises
- Safe and durable. The wheel is made out of PP (Polypropylene), which is semi rigid, tough material, with good fatigue, heat and stress-cracking resistance. The handles consist of a single solid Stainless Steel bar for safety and stability
- Comfortable. In order to train properly you need to have the right conditions, so this is why you also get a Knee Pad and Padded Foam Handles that protect your hands and ensure a firm grip on the wheel.
The third best AB roller on the market:
- Strengthens and tones your ABs. Including: upper abs, lower abs, obliques and entire core.
- Promotes a strong upper-body. Including: chiseled shoulders, shredded arms and your v-shape back with the Speed Abs exercise wheel by Iron Gym.
- Controlled movements. Features durable steel coil to provide resistance on the way out and a controlled return. Rubberized pro-grip handles to minimize hand fatigue while maximizing control and comfort.
- Appropriate for all fitness levels. Anywhere from beginners to advanced.
- Used anywhere. Can be used on any floor surface and to get the most out of your abdominal exercise routine.
The fourth best AB roller on the market:
by Perfect Fitness
- Wide grip. Ultra-wide ab roller with built-in resistance and ergonomic handles to help maximize results of ab roll-out exercises.
- Works the full-body. Interior kinetic engine uses a carbon steel spring to provide resistance and amplify abdominal and arm workout.
- Wide Wheels. Ultra-wide wheel tread offers stability when carving left, right or center for targeted work on obliques
- Impressive hand grips. Ergonomic hand grips are angled to activate arm and core muscles; handles are removable for easy storage and transport..
- Comes with extras. Also includes high-density foam kneepad for superior comfort; downloadable 21-day workout plan; 1-year manufacturer warranty.
The fifth best AB roller on the market:
by Youactive Sports
- Speed-Shred 3000 Technology. 2 geo-balanced wheels allow you to safely roll on any floor in any direction.
- Faster and safer than any other AB roller. Rubber wheels allow you to control your movement with precise accuracy.
- Bonuses: 2 resistance bands, comfort enhancing no-slip handles and knee pad, travel bag plus an exercise guide.
Do you use an AB roller? If so, what type of results have you achieved?